Now more than ever, journalists are navigating a complex digital world. Dr. Michelle Ferrier, TrollBusters’ founder, provides expert research-based presentations on online harassment, online abuse, digital security and reputation management.
Dr. Michelle Ferrier often speaks on online abuse and harassment, diversity in media, media innovation, media entrepreneurship and new technologies. Inquiries regarding speaking engagements may be sent to email@example.com.
YOUTUBE VIDEO: In this Ignite Talk at Newsgeist 2015, Dr. Michelle Ferrier dissects the dark web and its effects on women journalists and diverse voices online in this passionate plea to media peers.
Recent speaking engagements
- RightsCon Toronto, “Take Back the Net: Innovations in Tackling Online Hate and Harassment” May 2018
- National Press Club & PEN America “Trolling the News: Protecting Journalists from Online Harassment,” Washington, D.C., April 2018
- Freedom Forum, Valencia, Spain, March 2018
- United Nations 62nd Commission on the Status of Women, New York, New York, March 2018
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, Experts Meeting on Online Abuse of Journalists, Vienna, Austria, September 2017
- SXSW Online Harassment Summit, Austin, TX, March 2017
- Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media, March 2017.
- United Nations, New York, NY, November 2017 & May 2015
- European Commission, Brussels, Belgium, November 2016
- ASU Scripps Howard Journalism Entrepreneurship Institute Faculty, Phoenix, AZ, January 2013-2018
- CUNY Entrepreneurial Journalism Summit Workshop Presenter, New York, NY
- CUNY Social Media Weekend, New York, NY
- News Impact Summit, London School of Economics, London
- NABJ, New Orleans, LA, November 2017
- MediaShift Presents Hack the Gender Gap, Morgantown, WV, October 2014
- Online News Association, Keynote Speaker, Los Angeles, CA, September 2015
- Newsgeist, Arizona State University
- Xavier University